You need to know why you have to remodel now!
There are 10 reasons, given by the Home Builders Association of one of our states – Alabama! I’ve listed the short version of each reason given by the HBA of Alabama, with my comments in parentheses following, when I had a personal opinion on these.
- Remodel now while interest rates are low.
- Homes need regular maintenance and repair to stay in top condition. (Don’t I know that one!)
- Remodeling improves home value. (Can’t argue with that!)
- Modernizing makes your home more beautiful. (I have a home built in 1978 – they seem to have loved dark green and dark brown tones – depressing; and ugly lighting fixtures with a lot of 150 watt bulbs. I think if they had just gone with a lighter color scheme they wouldn’t have needed all those high wattage lamps. Before I replaced the stairway light I had to put on my sunglasses just to walk downstairs to the front door.)
- Energy-efficient homes save owners money. (True, also see the above comment.)
- Attractive exteriors improve the curb appeal of you home. (I agree totally)
- Outdoor living spaces expand your home for entertaining. (Think barbecue, martinis – or beer – on the deck with friends.)
- Kitchen remodels enhance functionality. (Use the link, if you haven’t already and read the expanded information on this topic in the article.)
- Bathroom remodels improve comfort and add home value.
- Aging-in-place or universal design remodels increase home accessibility.