Whoah! There you were, dreaming of granite countertops, gleaming new appliances, and gorgeous cabinets that will finally allow you to get everything off the countertops.
Did you know – it will take 4 – 6 weeks, on average, for the demolition and installation of a new kitchen – assuming no “surprises” inside the floor or walls, and all materials arrive on time! So, what’s the problem, you can do that standing on your head, right?
Well, maybe you can, but what about the rest of the family? What first comes to mind for food during this time: eating out of a microwave (gets old fast), restaurants (pricey) and take-out meals (calories!).
Here are some ideas to reduce the expense and junk food during that renovation:
- Set up a temporary kitchen, and move your refrigerator there, or get a small “dorm” fridge for the duration.
- Do use paper plates and disposable utensils, as much as possible.
- Crockpot cooking, anyone? If you don’t have one, get one, think of this as an opportunity to learn new cooking styles.
- How about using the ol’ outdoor grille? It’ll be fun!
- Have an electric hot plate for heating water up or a can of soup!
Kind of like camping out, but without the bugs! You can do it, no problem; it’ll totally be worth it!