Things you should know when planning a remodel
Selecting a contractor for the renovation of any part of your home is an important decision and requires you to ask the right questions. Some self-education is required!
Research as much as you can; what qualities and qualifications do you want in a contractor? Here are some things to consider when searching for the right contractor for you.
- Hire a licensed contractor and ask to see the license. You can verify the license online by just typing in the contractors name, or license number.
- It’s not a good idea to hire someone who is offering services going door-to-door.
- Ask for references and check them; give the contractor’s previous clients a call and ask how the job went for them.
- Find out how long the contractor has been in business. The longer they’ve been in business, the more of a reputation they have and want to uphold.
- Never hire the contractor with the lowest price. Keep in mind that if it seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Low prices may sound great in the beginning, but in the end could end up costing you more than you’d have paid to have it done right the first time.
Knowing you’ve hired a great contractor with lots of happy past clients will provide loads of peace of mind when the potentially scary demolition phase of your remodel is occurring. You can relax and know that you will end up with that gorgeous kitchen of your dreams!