Six bathroom remodel trends you need to know
- Make your bathroom more than just a place to get clean; add a comfy chair, some artwork, a side table and a few books and you will fit right in this trend. Who doesn’t need their own space to get away from it all? It’s on the continuum of the spa-bathroom; making it cozy!
- Are you tired of the usual pastels and solid colors on walls? Throw caution to the winds and have that eye-catching wall paper you’ve always wanted but were afraid to install. Just do it. Have you seen what they can do with tile these days?
- Another popular trend in bathroom design today is to include smart, user-friendly fixtures such as thermostatic mixing valves, mixers that control multiple water sources; and touchscreen operated showers. These devices give users more control over the flow, mix and temperature of the water.
- Freestanding bathtubs. They provide striking, sculptural design features, setting the mood for rest and relaxation.
- Plant life in the bathroom. What is more appropriate for the oft-damp bath than a fern or two? They look great, plus they are good for the indoor environment.
- Frameless glass shower surrounds are very popular, and for good reason; they are a classic look and fit with any style.