Have you heard of Murphy’s Law? “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.”
You need a list, so I have provided one for you!
- Materials might be delivered late, dented, or with something missing.
- The wrong product delivered.
- Termites or carpenter ant damage could be discovered when walls or floors are opened up.
- Mold or moisture damage in the walls from leaky plumbing or poor flashing.
- Structural problems that need repair.
- Asbestos or lead paint discovered that will have to be removed with special equipment.
A good, experienced contractor can deal with these problems and take the load off you. Every project of size will have a schedule, so you can know what to expect and be prepared. An experienced contractor who knows construction techniques and the costs of labor, materials, subs and construction, can find ways to save money during the planning phase of the project.
If any “discoveries” such as those listed above occur, your contractor will know just how to take care of the problem, letting you know immediately, if it affects the schedule or the budget.
Remember, all homes are different, and the contractor you hire will have many years of experience and the skills to deal with any unexpected surprises.
So, when Murphy’s Law bites, you can just relax and know that it will be taken care of! Here is a photo of one of our beautifully finished kitchen remodel – no Murphy’s Law allowed here!