While small apartments and homes offer plenty of charm, they tend to be lacking when it comes to kitchen space. Luckily, there are tons of small kitchen ideas that will maximize the available storage and efficiency.
It’s about working with the layout of your space, whether your kitchen is confined to a singe wall, U-shaped, or tucked into a corner. Here are a few ideas:
- Believe it or not, removing upper cabinets makes it so much easier to access dishes and glasses. Remember, functionality is the name of the game.
- Have lights installed that will brighten up the kitchen. It’s difficult to have too much lighting – more is usually better! Selecting colorful or striking fixtures will add interest to your design.
- Put some thought into organizing the contents of the cabinets. You might even get rid of some things that are rarely used, to make room for items that are in frequent use.
- Select light colors to visually expand the kitchen. A lot can be done to trick the eye to make the room seem larger, and that can mean a lot to one’s mental image of the space.
- Select small appliances, so the countertop space is maximized.
- While you are “thinking small”, keep the kitchen sink on the smallish side, again, to allow you to keep as much countertop as possible.
There are many ways to make a small kitchen work like a much bigger kitchen. Eliminate what you don’t really use, and have compact appliances. You will love that kitchen for it’s efficiency and beauty.