1. Natural wood flooring gives a warm, natural feeling to the space.
2. A well-planned cabinet system will provide just the right amount and type of storage for your needs, and in the right places!
3. Plenty of light, utilizing stylish light fixtures in just the right locations and as much outdoor lighting as your windows will allow. Task lighting where it is needed will enhance kitchen efficiency and safety.
4. Light or neutral colors with bright color touches will make for a cheery workspace.
5. Appliances that suit your cooking style.
Most of all, the kitchen has to work for you and your lifestyle. Determine what you like (and dislike) about your current arrangement, research kitchens online, and decide what would fit into your kitchen.