If your old bathroom is getting to be a dismal experience, it’s probably time to remodel. A remodel can consist of anything from replacing some fixtures to a complete gutting and makeover.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Fresh paint in a totally new color scheme is always a budget-friendly place to start.
- Have the tub pulled out and replaced with a nice, big shower. Tiled walls with niches for soap and shaving things, along with a frameless glass front and shower door will add loads of style.
- A heated floor under the new floor tile will really make those night-time trips more pleasant, and while you’re having that done, have heated towel bars installed.
- Have new exhaust fan installed; select an ultra-quiet fan and be sure the installers duct it to the outside, not into the attic!
- A new vanity with a solid surface or cultured marble countertop will make a spectacular focal point for your newly remodeled bath.
- Sinks can range from old style porcelain to vessel sinks of glass or copper or even concrete. They can be molded into the countertop material, undermount or sit on top of the counter.
- Select a sink faucet to match the shower or tub fixtures and to blend with the room’s new style.