To make a great deck or patio you need the right decking material, we have
- Cedar decking is durable and versatile, with a color range from light browns and tans to pink
- Pressure treated decking is popular due to resistance to decay and insect damage.
- Composite decking is made up of a combination of wood particles and plastic, and is usually embossed with wood-grain pattern. Easy maintenance makes composites popular.
- Vinyl decking requires less maintenance than wood and resists stains.
- Concrete can be plain, smooth gray or tinted and textured. These look great with color and a pattern embossed on the concrete.
- Colorful squares made from precast concrete slabs in terra cotta, charcoal and soft gray give patios a checkerboard look.
- Stone is the oldest paving material, natural stone gives a timeless appeal. Pieces that are cut into uniform shapes look tidy, while jagged, irregular edges result in a casual look. Dense stone, such as bluestone and granite, resists flaking in freezing weather and isn’t likely to sprout a crop of slippery moss.
Once you have selected your patio or deck material, you can move on to selecting a cover or roof and any benches and outdoor kitchen equipment you want in your outdoor rec room!