Bathroom renovation thoughts
Bathrooms need renovating pretty frequently, in comparison to the rest of the house. The causes are the hard use they get and moisture issues.
You can’t go wrong with a bath remodel; upgrading this room will improve the sale-ability of the house when that time comes and makes the home more desirable. Not to mention the joy you will get from using a totally refreshed bathroom.
Here are some things to consider for your remodel:
- Tile is the most popular and durable material for flooring. Large tiles help a small bath look larger. It’s a good idea to select tiles that have texture, to reduce slipping with wet feet.
- Many bathrooms are on the small side; it is a proven fact that selecting the right colors can make a room appear larger. Pastel shades that stay in the white to cream color spectrum are recommended.
- A bathroom should have a bright lighting system, as this is the place where people inspect their faces and hair. A good idea is to add additional lighting around the bathroom mirror; brightly lit mirrors are the best places for shaving or applying makeup.
- The use of various built-in accessories, like recessed toilet roll holders, medicine cabinets or soap dishes, will give your bathroom a more elegant look.
- Add hooks to hang towels, bathrobes and clothes; this will provide space for things, without cluttering it up with more shelves.
- Installing additional mirrors will help make a small bath appear larger by visually expanding the area and reflecting more of the light.