Here are some ideas to update your home:
- It takes some time for your fav contractor to schedule a full kitchen upgrade, but here are some things he/or she can squeeze in between those big jobs that were put on the schedule last winter. How about having the cabinets painted a new color? Replacing the hardware with something totally different would be ice touch as well.
- Everyone loves wood flooring; it feels warm and comforting, and is a durable material that looks great with any home decor. If you already have wood floors, spring is a good time to have them refinished. They’ll look so great when the sun shines through the windows on them!
- Add undercounter lighting to your kitchen cupboards. They can serve as a soft light when you don’t want the brightness of the ceiling light, and also as work lights when preparing meals.
- Upgrade your deck; it may need repairs or just professional cleaning. Have it inspected, and then proceed from there! New sturdy railings or adding on a built-in feature, such as a bench or barbecue station with a little outdoor fridge and a sink.
- How about having a couple of grab bars installed in your shower or tub, like you’ve been thinking about for years now? Age has nothing to do with it – they are a great safety item for anyone, and should be installed by a professional, so they will be sturdy and sealed so that water never gets into the wall.