Your home will have your unique touches, of course, but most homes would benefit from starting with the listed elements here:
- Single level. Yes, we admit, we get quite a few calls asking for a partial second floor to be built over the garage. However, single level homes are great for those who wish to age in their home, as well as for lower cost maintenance. Smaller square footage is less to heat and cool, easier to paint, inside and out, and as one ages, the lack of stairs is a real benefit.
- Tall ceilings will make each room feel larger, as it opens up the space visually.k
- Southern exposure provides free heat in the winter, and to keep it cool in summer, plant deciduous trees that will shade the house in summer, and drop their leaves in winter.
- Outdoor spaces are great fun, and expand the living area. Patios and decks add another room for entertaining and just for being outdoors without getting in your car and driving!
- Master bedroom suite. The privacy provided by having a separate bedroom with full bath provides an element of peace and calmness for any family!
- Ah, storage! You can never have too much of this, but it really needs to be logically organized, not just a garage full of stuff. Closets, cabinets, and storage spaces with sturdy shelves are what the perfect house needs.
Well, I’m sure you can think of more basic elements that every home should have! Comment on this post and let us know what you would add to the list, we’d love to hear what you have to say.